Monday, March 23, 2009

I Am...

So, at my school, I work in the Cultural Center as a program coordinator. This is Diverse Identities month, and our theme this year is "I AM..." and every week we have a new campaign. Last week we set it off the with the "I Am" shirts, where students were able to write what they felt they identified with on the shirt, and everyone who made one was supposed to wear it on the 16th. Some people had no imagination what-so-ever and wrote things like "I Am... smart" lol while others took it a bit more seriously, and made shirts such as "I Am... not a stereotype" or "I Am... an ally" as well as some other creative ones.

mine said:

I Am...
more than i know myself to be
I am a million contradictions
sometimes I make no sense
Sometimes I am perfect
sometimes I am a mess
I am haunted by self-doubt
I've got all the answers
I've got nothing figured out
I Am... ME

Umma, who also works in the Cultural Center with me, and I decided we missed our good friend Amia too much, who is studying abroad in Peru right now. So we decided to decorate the back of our shirts in her memory, take a picture and tag her on facebook so that she knew we were thinking of her =) Maniac Mob for live!


sooo you know those dumb moments in life where you make silly mistakes.. lol well one got caught on camera. as we were trying to take the picture, it took us forever to figure out why the hell the camera wouldn't take the picture... then i figured it out lol


Whoops! from erin pepper on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It says that you are a mutt?

erinPEPPER said...

yeah. "the Nigerian" "the P.rican" (Puerto Rican) and me, "the Mutt" cuz im mixed with too much to single one out.